Wednesday, April 2, 2014

April Fools' Day

Let the wise hear and increase in learning,
and the one who understands obtain guidance,
Proverbs 1:5

I had planned and was ready for today. I decide this is one time when I can try to put some fun in our day. I am the type that usually is all business and so I do need to plan so we have fun.

I was ready for breakfast with some fruit punch juice. Juice is a special treat at our house. I even bought straws for the juice.


It was just Jello in a glass. I don't think I fooled Bob. Miss K enjoyed the treat.


For lunch we had broccoli soup with grilled cheese sandwiches. Bob has recently decided that he does like grilled cheese sandwiches.

I had them all prepped and ready to grill when they came down for lunch. I told them when they finished their soup, I had some sandwiches.


He said it looked a bit like a grilled cheese sandwich but it didn't smell like one.


Doesn't that look like cheese just melted and oozing out of the sandwich.


It was just icing in the between pound cake.

We did talk a bit about the wise vs. the fool. The importance of who you are with, how to discern, and be wise.

Hear instruction and be wise,
and do not neglect it.
Proverbs 8:33

We were going out for dinner with friends and the kids where home with the kid sitter. Bob had asked if I was doing anything for dinner. I told him we were going out. I still have a few things up my sleeve.

I made soup. Okay, it really didn't look like soup but they enjoyed the pudding.


Then there was a cake. It was even a layer cake with a fluffy icing. Just a layered meatloaf cake with mashed potato icing.


It was a fun day and we did have a good discussion about what the Bible says about being wise.

My kids didn't pull any pranks and this was the only thing that we did.

Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be still wiser;
teach a righteous man, and he will increase in learning.
10  The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom,

and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight.
Proverbs 9:8-9


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. You are such a fun mom! I don't perceive you as all business at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun pranks. We only had color-changing straws and spoons for their rootbeer floats this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...