Monday, August 10, 2015

So Tired





The other day was one of the "I am tired of special needs" days. It wasn't anything specific just a number of little things that caused me to be tired and weary of dealing with special needs. It must have been some other things that day as well because that morning while it was still quiet and before there were many issues to deal with I had sat enjoying my sunny chair with a cup of coffee and my Bible. I was reading Matthew and came to chapter 11. I needed to read and ponder those words.

"Come to me, all who labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matthew 11:28-30 (ESV).

I thought about the cause for my weariness and most of it is a result of living in a fallen world. Just another reminder that this is not the way God created us to live.

Jesus understands that we will be tired and weary. Some of that is just the physical tiredness and some if the fallen world. These words are an invitation and a bit of a command. Jesus is telling us to go to him and he promises to give rest. The ultimate rest is eternity.

So the other day and other days as I face the tiredness. I go to Jesus, he gives the rest for the day. I look forward to the ultimate rest.


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I look forward to ultimate rest too. Special needs are difficult here this morning. Thank you for the reminder, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry you are dealing with those issues. Praying that you will have rest along the way.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...