1. Three simple words that changed history, "It is finished."
2. A new to me hymn that we sung today at the Good Friday service. Often Messiah is used at Christmas but to remember that now at this time of year.
'Tis finished! the Messiah dies
by Charles Wesley
'Tis finished! the Messiah dies,
cut off for sins, but not his own.
Accomplished is the sacrifice,
the great redeeming work is done.
2. The veil is rent; in Christ alone
the living way to heaven is seen;
the middle wall is broken down,
and all the world may enter in.
3. 'Tis finished! All my guilt and pain,
I want no sacrifice beside;
for me, for me the Lamb is slain;
'tis finished! I am justified.
4. The reign of sin and death is o'er,
and all may live from sin set free;
Satan hath lost his mortal power;
'tis swallowed up in victory.
3. A simple message as we looked at Luke 23:32-46. We need to see the truth about ourselves like the one criminal. Then we need to see the truth about Jesus, he had done nothing wrong. We need to see the truth about heaven. Such simple truths but a good reminder.
4. The sun was shining this morning as we walked to church.
5. It is Friday, but Sunday is coming.