Friday, September 30, 2011

Road Trip

We took a road trip last week. That is something new for our family. Usually we fly but this time it was a 9 hour road trip. Then again our flights are longer than that road trip.

I did some careful thinking and planning as we packed. I put a basket of snacks in the back where J would reach it and he was in charge of handing out snacks. I used the cups that the kids love to bring home from restaurants as containers for snacks. We had some Goldfish, Cheez-its, and a few other things. I had also packed the cooler with lunchmeat, cheese, and things for lunch. That was nice as our hotel did not have breakfast included so we ate things we had -- hard boiled eggs and fruit.

We made a stop on the way at Niagara Falls. It was the first time I had been there. We managed to arrive in time to go on the Maid of the Mist.

Miss K wasn't sure she wanted the wanted the blue rain coat. I finally did get a cute picture of her.

In the past few weeks her language has taken off again. Speaking more complete sentences and noticing things and talking about them. She has also begun to share her emotions "I so angry" which she says with a smile or "I scared." Depending what it is I will talk to her about it or just tell her she doesn't have to be scared.

It was fun to do. The weather was perfect.

We then crossed the border and spent the night on the Canada side. The next morning we walked along the Canadian side and got wet. It was very misty which made it difficult to take pictures.



We then continued our trip to Toronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...