Monday, May 7, 2012

My computer has a cozy

I have been wanting a computer case for some time. I have looked at the cases on Vera Bradley but wasn't sure I wanted that kind and didn't have the money to spend. I tried to make one but didn't like the way it fit. I kept looking and hoping that I would find something that I liked. Then I looked at a sweater that I bought at Goodwill for $1.88 and thought maybe I can try to felt it. The sweater had a small hole and I didn't wear it that much but I did like the color.

Three times through the washer and dryer and I had it felted. Then I cut it apart. That was a bit nerve wracking but I get that way sometimes when I start to cut fabric hoping that I am cutting it the right way and that I am going to like what I am making. I measured my computer. I realized that this will give a little bit and also that I wanted a tight fitting case. I sewed it up and now I have a computer case.



I have to say that was fun. I wonder what else I can felt and what I can make then. I have the sleeves from the sweater remaining. What can I make with two sleeves?

1 comment:

  1. I love the colors, and I the ruffled edge. Good job, Beth!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...