Saturday, September 8, 2012

2012-2013 Science



J is in 5th grade this year. My goal for this year is to continue to give me some science background and facts as foundational for high school science. My husband feels that science cannot really be understood until you have studied Algebra so at this time we are just reading science books. Currently, we are reading Exploring Creation with Zoology 1: Flying Creatures of the Fifth Day. We are enjoying all the different books here in the Northwest. I will admit that it took me a bit to get used to the book being written in the first person. I like these as they give lots of facts and information and are easy for the kids to understand. I just print the free journal and we do that along with our reading. We also have Zoology 2 on our shelf and we might read that if we have time.

Also on my shelf to read this year are some more books by John Hudson Tiner Exploring the World of Physics, Exploring the World of Biology, and we will finish Exploring the World of Chemistry. I have learned so much in reading this books. I find them easy to read (they are not written in the first person).

Miss K listens to most of what we read. I will also read some nature books to her this year.

I do everything that I can to stay away from science experiments. Maybe next year but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...