Box of unfinished projects
At this time I have just three corners to finish quilting and then sew the binding on. It is almost done. I might have a celebration when this is done and begin a new project.
January update - This was finished in January. Insert loud clapping and cheering.
January update - I finished this as well. It is my new favourite quilt.
3. Sugar bag quilt - I wanted to make a quilt and include some old sugar bags that I had. I felt that to add to the look it needed to have vintage looking fabric. I think this needs some border added, then to be quilted, and binding.
I finished the binding on this in February. I am thrilled to have it finished.
5. Amish Spools - Years ago my mom had her laundry room decorated with wash day things. I made some cross stitch quilts to hang in there. Then I made some small pieced Amish or solid colour quilts for my own bathroom. I have no idea where those quilts are today but with the leftover scraps I made a nine patch lap quilt which I think is in storage and then I made a Spool quilt. Well, the spool quilt is here and needs to be quilted. That is on the project list. I can't decide if this one should be hand quilted or just do it on the sewing machine.
6. Good Night Moon - I love children's books. I used to collect children's books long before I had children. I think most of my collection is now in my children's rooms and they think of them as there books. I love fabric from books. We have two Hungry Caterpillar quilts. I have some Little Golden Book fabric and even Bernstein Bears fabric. I bought Good Night Moon fabric last year and pieced this quilt on a friend's machine when I was feeling deprived of my sewing machine. Now it needs to be finished.
7. Autumn table topper/runner - I know this is pieced and I even have matching backing fabric. I just need to quilt it and put binding on. It should be easy.
8. Le Petit - I think I named this after the fabric. This is deep in the box. It is pieced and needs to be quilted and then the binding on it.
9. Prayer Flag - This is one that is named after the fabric. I don't really like the name but have not bothered to rename it. This one I made a mistake in cutting and piecing it. I need to decide what to do. I might just need to finish it the way it is and call it good.
10. Give Thanks bunting - I found a cute idea and wanted to make it. I have this partly finished. I think I need to cut circles for the letters. Maybe this would be a good project to learn how to cut fabric with the Silhouette.
11. Jesse Tree Ornaments - I started cross stitching these years ago -- I remember working on them while we were in Ukraine. I pulled them out and realised I have about 18 finished so that is only 7 remaining. Then they need to be sewn up as ornaments. It would be great to have them finished for next year.
I finished the I Spy quilt. That was a lot of novelty prints. It is a fun quilt to have for the kids to look at.
Sorry I don't have photos of the other unfinished projects. I didn't want to disturb the box where they have been resting for the past year or years. I will try to keep you updated and show photos when they are finished.
Twelve Unfinished Projects - Can I finish one a month? Can I control my urge to start new projects? I could start a new one but I need to finish it so I don't add new things to the unfinished list. I am working to be intentional and finish these.
So tell me how many unfinished sewing/craft projects do you have? Please tell me I am not the only with unfinished projects.
1. Summer House Quilt - I began this and have about 20 squares finished.