Friday, April 12, 2013

Tulip Festival

I have two things on my things I want to do while in the Northwest in the spring. One of those we did today and one we have to wait until May or June. Today we went to the Tulip Festival.

When we left our house, it was raining. The forecast had said no rain so we decided to go. We got about 30 minutes north and the rain had stopped. There was no rain up at the tulip fields. We stopped at the Tulip Festival Office and got our map and information.


We drove out to the fields and were amazed at the color and variety.


The daffodils were still in bloom though I think not for how much longer. We just saw one field as we were driving by.


We enjoying stopping at one of the places and walking through the fields looking at the tulips. It cost $5 to get in but was worth it.



As we walked, we kept looking at the tulips and taking more pictures. I think we took over 130 photos so when we got home I had to sort through them.


I don't know if I had a favorite tulip. I did enjoy just the different colors.


These had such a nice deep color.

I  did enjoy the two colors on these.


It was a bit muddy but we enjoyed just walking and looking.


J said this was his favorite tulip.


Miss K likes anything and everything pink and so it was easy to guess which was her favorite.


I am glad that we were able to do this. When we told the kids that we were going to look at tulips, I don't think they knew just how many and how interesting it would be.

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember doing the Tulip festival way way back with my parents. I'll have to plan a trip to go down with my kids now. Growing up we were in the Vancouver,BC area but now we are up in Kelowna. That will make it a camping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tulips are beautiful! What an amazing life you live. You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...