Saturday, April 27, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up April 26, 2013

I can't believe it is almost the end of April. We are finally having some nice weather here.

My husband was traveling this week so that meant easy meals -- convenience food. I did make breakfast burritos and froze them. We had them for dinner, lunch, and breakfast during various days this week.

Together we are continuing to work through Vol. 1 of Mystery of History. We have about 12 more lessons. I have enjoyed that and will admit that I have learned quite a bit along with the children. We do the easy approach -- read the lesson, and both of us write a review sentence or two. I had plans to read lots of other books but that just didn't happen but I feel like we have learned history and filled in some of the detail of the timeline cards.

We did play a review game this week using Jenga blocks. I think both kids enjoyed it. I need to add some fun things into our week on a regular basis.

We watched Miss Potter this week as follow-up to our British Children's Authors Series. We normally don't watch movies during the week but as I considered that educational they were able to watch it. Miss K wanted to draw a rabbit and a duck after watching the movie. They also want to go to the Lake District. We will have to wait and see.

J had his second art lesson this week. They are beginning to work on water colors. I am excited to see what he is learning. Tomorrow he has a Bug House Chess Tournament. Writing has been slow the past two weeks which is partly due to that happening after lunch which is about the time that mom is crashing and tired. We need to catch up a bit.

Miss K continues to just want to do a "tiny bit" of school. She is almost finished Explode the Code Book 1. I am impressed with her work in that book.

We don't have much planned for our weekend. It will be nice to have some time together.

Linked up with


Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I also have a really hard time making full meals when my husband is away. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
    It sounds like you still managed to get quite a bit of schooling done even with him away though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...