Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Finishing Well




I have a list of projects to finish. 

I have a stack of books to finish reading.

I have a meal to finish making.

I have a pile of laundry to finish folding.

I have a sink of dishes to finish washing.

I have a letter to finish writing.

I have a bathroom to finish cleaning.

It doesn't take long to have a list of things that need to be finished. I start things and get distracted. I begin to work on something that get interrupted. I move to something else because is more urgent.

I think if I only had more time. If only life would slow down a bit, I could finish things. Life is fast-paced. It is December already wasn't yesterday January. I have limited time, just 24 hours in a day. The weeks go quickly, then the months and years.

In some ways I know I can't finish all the I begin. So I must ask myself am I doing today what God wants me to do? Am I listening to his voice to hear what He is saying? Am I willing to adjust as he leads and guides through my day?

I might not finish everything but I will finish well when I obey and do what God is asking me to do that day.

I need to endure to finish. To finish I cannot quit. I need to keep going each day.

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us," Hebrews 12:1

I can finish well when I am listening to God and doing what he wants me to do each day. That is my prayer and desire.

What is God asking you to finish today?


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. well said, Beth. a good meditation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, indeed. This is the hardest part of homeschooling, in my mind. There are so many things that have to be let go, in order to fit school lessons in for three levels here at my house. And yet,I think high-needs children benefit from a reasonably organized home...like socks in their drawers instead of on the couch, and pencils and erasers and sharpeners always in the same place. ,But like you said, I can't finish everything everyday. It really is nessary to ask God...what should I turn to now...what should I finish? Otherwise, there is little peace for the homeschooling Momma. It can feel like we do so many things, but what do we do well and thoroughly? I think if we worship the Lord well and throughly, he supplies grace for all the other unfinished tasks.

    Sleep well and thanks for being such a dear, genuine friend.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...