Thursday, February 20, 2014

T is for Transition

What if the transition goes longer than you planned? What if you have no idea when transition will end? We did not plan to be in transition this long.

In a few days we will mark one year that we moved out of our house. Our plan was to be on the west coast until the beginning of July then training and settle in our new house in a new country in August. That didn't go as we had planned. We are still in transition, still waiting.

As this has gone on longer than we planned, the one verse that comes to my mind is Isaiah 55:8, 9, "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

We are trusting that God's timing is perfect and that he has a reason for us being here longer than we planned.

We are keeping busy with school and work.

We are doing fun things like taking a knitting class, art classes.

We are doing family things like celebrating birthdays.

Those things and more are helping but at times all we can do is cling to the truth that God is in control and he will work all the details out in his timing.

We wait with hope for what God is going to do.

The other thoughts about transition are Kids in Transition and The Holidays while in Transition.


Beth
Pin It

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear that He is sustaining you, but heart broken to hear that you don't have any word yet. I am praying, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how hard this can be. We went through this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have friends here who went through this waiting and waiting. I know it's hard to trust God's plan when you seem stuck. I'm glad that God has a plan and is working it out even while we wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, just got done reading up on your blog and had a quick question. I was hoping that you could email me back when you get the chance. I'd really appreciate it, thanks!

    Emily : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can email me at bo.taitai at gmail.com. I will look for you email.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...