Friday, July 4, 2014

J is for Joy




Here is it Friday and I have not had thought of anything for J. This has been a rough week. A large part of it is just my own handling of life. When it is tough and hard, start by choosing joy.  Paul wrote Philippians from prison. My week may have been rough but it was not that rough.

What is God doing through me? Paul recognised that through his time in prison the gospel was advancing. God has a plan. Am I willing to suffer a bit for God's plan?

I might be tempted to worry and wonder what is happening but Paul is very clean "do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7. So in the midst of the rough week I can have peace.

I will choose joy.

#abcblogging

Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear you had a rough week. You can tell me about it on e mail, if you like. Happy Belated Independence Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying that you find true Joy in Jesus and that your next week is better! Hugs and prayers from South Dakota!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...