Thursday, July 24, 2014

M is for Memories

M is for memories

I was cleaning out some things and found some old photos. Years ago you used to take photos with film and then you could get them printed with a 3x3 inch photo and 2 small 1.5x1.5 inch photos on the side. I found two old 1.5x1.5 photos. I decided I really should scan these so I have them saved that way.

This is myself (on the right) with my cousin and my mom's uncle. He was a missionary doctor in Africa for a number of years and then the local doctor in our town. I remember going to him at least once or twice when I was sick.


I am guessing that this was taken the same day. I would guess that I am about 4 or 5. This was my grandmother's kitchen and I am helping my great grandmother dry dishes. She is the only great grandparent that I knew.

It was probably Christmas as each Christmas that whole side of the family would gather for a meal. There were probably about 50 people or so. That particular year it was at my grandparents' house. They used to have a general store attached to the house but that was no longer operational now it was just a big room with an attic full of old things like post office boxes, sofas, tables. A fun place for kids to play. We called it the store.

Great grandma liked pinkies. That is what we called the candy that she liked. (I searched and discovered that these are Canada Mints.)


When I was in high school, I did a black and white photo of my great grandmother reading her Bible for a photography competition.

My blog is named after my Great Aunt. I should probably save that story for another day. I wonder if I have any photos of her?

That was a short walk down memory lane. I am thankful for the godly heritage that I have in my family. Missionaries, prayer warriors, and family that love and serve Jesus.

Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. My Dad always kept Canada Mints in his car. He loved candy, and those wouldn't melt in the heat. We loved riding in his company car and getting a mint. They also had white and green ones, but we always loved the pink ones best. You just brought back a fun memory for me too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...