Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



Thanksgiving in November is an American holiday. Canada has Thanksgiving in October. It is a time of remembering and giving things. Remembering that First Thanksgiving so long ago and the kindness that was shown to the Pilgrims.

The kids love having the Fisher-Price Mayflower. It only comes out at this time of the year. We also put the few Thanksgiving books on the table next to it.


I wasn't sure I was going to do a big Thanksgiving meal but then a teammate was insistent that I do as she feels it is a holiday that my kids need to remember plus I think she was wanting pumpkin pie. So the turkey is in the oven and the side dishes are prepped except for the green bean casserole. We have invited four of our teammates to join us. Just like the pilgrims we are new to this land and have received so much kindness from the natives.

I asked my family what Thanksgiving dinner means and after the turkey the answer was cranberry sauce. Thankfully that is here and I bought two jars. It does seem a bit not like Thanksgiving not to have the lines from the can to mark where to cut your piece. We will enjoy the cranberry sauce.

Then my husband remembered that Thanksgiving also means pumpkin pie which is his favourite kind of pie. I had bought 3 cans of pumpkin back with me from the States. I normally use shortening for my crusts and a friend told me to use Trex. The apple pie looks good. The pumpkin pie has some dark spots but I think it will still be good. I hope so because a number of people are looking forward to pumpkin pie.

We do have so much to be thankful for this year. Happy Thanksgiving.

Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving. It always seems a particularly worthwhile festival. I had pumpkin pie for the first time last year and was very pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...