In 2015 I began the year with 12 unfinished projects. I finished four projects and did begin one new project. I ended the year with less unfinished projects, 8.
In 2016 I began the year with 10 unfinished projects. (Let's not try to figure out how I ended one year with 8 and began the next year with 10. Math was never my strong subject.) I finished 2 projects.
The other week I went through my boxes and found my unfinished projects. I dug around my sewing project box and discovered a few other things there that I didn't know where unfinished, plus one I began in 2016 and didn't finish. Here is the list of unfinished projects.
1. Summer House quilt - This is one that I began in 2015. I began to piece it. One of the things that is causing a pause is trying to decide if I can sashing between the squares or just put the squares next to each other.
3. Christmas yo-yos - years ago I began making yo-yos with the idea of making garland. I have a few circles cut out and I am going to turn those into yo-yos and add it to the garland.
4. Sugar bag quilt - yes, this is on the list for a long time. It needs to be finished.
5. Amish spool quilt - years ago I was into making solid colour quilts like the Amish quilts. This is one that I made but never finished. It is pieced just needs to be quilted.
6. Autumn table runner - At this point all that needs to happen is the binding.
7. Prayer Flag quilt - I need to decide what I am going to do with this quilt. It is sewn incorrectly but it is still nice.
8. Jesse tree ornaments - these are tied with the Christmas yo-yos as the oldest project in the bin. Maybe this is the year to finish them.
9. Give Thanks banner - This is one that I like the pattern but I am beginning to think that the reason I have not finished it yet is it is just a bit more work than I want, cutting all the letters. Maybe I will just turn it into a bunting.
10. Le Petit - maybe it is time for a time to the quilt shop not to far away and see if I can find some backing fabric.
11. Alligator gift bag - years ago I cut this out and even found matching ribbon. It is fun fabric and would make a great gift bag. That can easily be done in an afternoon.
12. Zipper pouch - This was a pattern for a zipper pouch in an afternoon and now months later, I have not finished it. I wonder if I know where I got the pattern.
Twelve projects or one a month to finish and I will have all of them finished this year.
Please tell me I am not the only person with a long list of unfinished projects. What projects do you have unfinished?