Monday, August 2, 2010

First Day of School

Really we started a month ago but we celebrated today as if it were the first day of school The school calendars go from August to July but the district goes from July to June so the first day for the new year is July 1. We already have 15 days of school in. I decided that we school year round and take breaks throughout the year when we need them.

Here is our first day of school for J.

That is the stack of books that he will be using some he will be reading and books I will be reading to him. He decided that he wants to double the books that he read last year which means he wants to read 50 books. The list of what we are using is on the side.

We traced our hands, answered a few questions.

Favorite food - pizza

Favorite color - red

When I grow up I want to be a pilot.

We started history and I think we will enjoy it.

Here is the teacher with all her books. If he is going to double the books that he reads and I double the books I read that means I will be reading about 150 books. We will be doing lots of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...