Friday, February 20, 2015

Half Term Week in Review 20 February 2015

Even though we don't follow the local school schedule we have found that during break weeks there are activities and so we end up with somewhat of a break. This week was half term. We did school Monday and Tuesday and then J went to the local Christian camp with a bunch of boys from church.

Reading is Miss K's strong point. Math is coming slowly. I decided it was time to introduce her to the Bobbesy Twins. This is one that I had when I was a child. She likes to read in bed and she will read for a long time if you don't stop her.


We dissected a rose. (I saw this on a blog recently and don't remember which one, if it was yours thank you for the idea.) We had just finished our chapter on plants and decided it would be fun. One of the Valentine roses was willing offered for science. I needed to hear J excitedly examine and look for the different parts. Biology/life science is not his favourite. He would rather blow things up in the name of science.


Here is a close-up of the rose.



This is what the table looked like on one of our morning. It can be interesting to see what happens. I still have plans to create a self-cleaning homeschool area.


Miss K is modelling a skirt that latest in grocery store bag fashion. Things are so rough here that my kids have been forced to wear grocery bags. Just kidding. It does count as creative play.


J has been missing his Hardy Boys books. We had gotten a bit of a collection when we were in the States by shopping at thrift stores -- 99¢ a book. Someone had posted 43 books for £40 and I decided that was a good deal.


J went to camp. We took a break and I had some fun sewing -- I am finishing some projects and I did start a new one. I made a cover for my iPad and did some mending.

I am excited to try an online organic delivery. An online friend, had a voucher for a free box. Thank you, Sarah. I think I could get used to this.



Have you seen some of the Bible journaling art? I am not an artist but decided to begin to do just a bit. Here is my first page. As I was doing this, I found that I was meditating and really thinking about the passage. I used all supplies that I have here including the journaling Bible.


That about wraps up our week. Next week it is back to school. I am starting to panic that we will struggle to get our days and finish our books. I know you don't have to finish books and there are some that I don't care but there are some that we need to finish.

I had my camera with me this week and took lots of photos hopefully that will redeem me for last week with limited photos.

Beth

Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Your lovely space on the Internet is such good place to spend some lunch break time. I so enjoy hearing about the kids and what fills your days. Bless you this week, Beth. You are precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a happy and productive week. I like the idea of a self-cleaning homeschool room; can you make it work for the entire house while you're at it? :)

    I've never tried Bible journaling, but it sounds like a beautiful thing. One of my girls likes that sort of thing and has done Bible journaling a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a fun week. I like the rose dissection. Very cool! My table looks like that all the time. My youngest son cleaned it off on one of his snow days last week. It looks so different! I wonder how long it will take to get back to its normal state. I like the Bible journaling art. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the rose dissection idea. That is very cool.
    Blessings, Dawn

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...