Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Love

I know ValentinesDay is the holiday created by the card/gift/chocolate companies. While it is that, it is also a time to just focus on God's love for us and from God's love flows the love we have to those around us. I am spending some time personally reflecting on God's love. I need to be reminded of how he loves me.



I have been pondering how God shows his love to us. One of the first verses that comes to mind is John 3:16.

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever 
believes in him should not perish but have eternal life." (ESV)

I know this is often one of the first verses we memorise but just looking at it we see much of how God loves us.

His love is demonstrated in his giving. He gives us his son.

His love is sacrificial. It is his only Son that he gives.

His love is good. What he has done is so that we won't perish and have eternal life.

When I struggle to love others, I need to just go deep into how God loves me. When I feel that others are not loving me, I need to remind myself that God loves me. I just finished reading Genesis. That might not be thought of as a book about God's love but as you read that book you do see God's love.

There is so much more I could write but at this time I am just going to go and spend some more time reading and reflecting on God's love.

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart 
and with all your soul, and with all your might." 
Deuteronomy 6:5

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...