Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Lunch - Cowboy Sushi

Most days we just eat leftovers but once a week we need to pack lunch. I sometimes have challenges of figuring out what we could take for lunch. I have made pepperoni bread and we like that. I will sometimes do meat and cheese roll-ups. The other week I saw "cowboy sushi" on pinterest and was inspired to make it. My mom made it as a Christmas treat but we didn't have a name for it. We just called it, "that pickle thing wrapped in Lebanon bolonga" I finally have a name for what my mom made, "cowboy sushi".

I made it for the kids and they loved it. To quote Miss K, "love, love cowboy sushi. She was very excited last week to have it in her lunch. It really is easy to make.

Spread cream cheese on Lebanon bologna. It really helps if you remember to get the cream cheese out so it can soften.



Then add a pickle. We like sweet pickles for this.



Wrap it up and then cut into small pieces.



I can see why my mom served it at Christmas. It has a nice red and green look.

Lebanon bologna is a very local lunchmeat. It is made in this area. I did find it in a grocery store when I lived in Seattle. If you can't find that you can use ham or salami.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...