Saturday, November 29, 2014

Week in Review - 28 November 2014

It is hard to believe it is the end of November. I am beginning to think about Christmas and also thinking about what I want to or need to do before the end of the year. Thinking of things that I want to have done so I am ready for the new year.

This week we went to the local museum. I have wanted to do more outings and decided to begin there as it is free and local. I will share a bit more about the museum in another post.


I think the Saxon Math calendar book was not made for UK weather -- Miss K filled the cloudy days and still had a few days left in the month.


We moved out of Africa and into Asia in our Geography. I am at least excited and I think the kids as well. I think a big part of that is I know and love Asia.

We invited some of our teammates to join us for an American Thanksgiving dinner.

I made a turkey -- my husband and J said it was the best turkey. Miss K said it was "gross". She was told not to say that. I made stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with gravy, banana bread, and green bean casserole. I could not find the French's fried onions so I made some caramelised onions for the top. That dish was a hit -- two of the teammates really liked it.  I bought cranberry sauce and discovered that is really is sauce. It was runny and not firm. That made it easy to just pour on the turkey. It was a fun evening.

We talked about the first Thanksgiving and how the Pilgrims were thankful for the help of the natives and that they made it through the year. Our teammates said they would check in with us in March to see if we survive the winter.

We had pumpkin pie. Auntie Mel said it has been 30 years since she had pumpkin pie. The pressure was on to make sure it was a good pie. We made apple pie. J loves to use the apple peeler. I love that he loves to use the apple peeler.



We did some Play-doh sculpting of things we were thankful for. I think the bird was just a "playing at the table" when we were finished. Can you tell that we had the bird painter at dinner with us?


It was a good week. I still have a bit of cleaning to do after the week.


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. So happy to hear Thanksgiving was so pleasurable, Beth! Praise God for a good team that could step in to warm your home for the holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my own onions for the topping of the green bean casserole and that tasted great! I was also cleaning up for quite a while after the dinner.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...