Thursday, May 27, 2010

"Hi chickens"

It sounds so innocent unless you realize that it involves Miss K and then you know that you need to be quick and ready. This afternoon we were enjoying a picnic with our homeschool co-op. It was a nice orchard with a big playground and on the edge of the playground were some cages with chickens, turkeys, and a peacock. I knew to stay in the playground area and just watch her. She walked over to look at the chickens then she slipped through the 6 inches between the cage and the gate. I went over to bring her back and there she was opening the hook and eye closure on the chicken area. She said, "hi chickens."

I did some fast thinking. I can't run all the way around. No one else was around to help. I couldn't really walk away because I was able to hold the cage door shut from my side of the gate. I then told Miss K to put the hook back. She tried and said "too big". I told her to try again and yeah she did it. She put the hook back in. Then I realized that the chain around the gate was not locked but just wrapped around so I upwrapped it and told her to come back in. She did. The chickens stayed in there cage and never knew how close to freedom they were.

Life with Miss K keeps you on your toes.

1 comment:

  1. Funny to look back on it but I'm sure that was stressful!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...