Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Stacks of Books



The other year I discovered the Classical Christian Education Support Loop's 1000 Great Books List. When we were in Pennsylvania, we read through as many as our library system there had on the 1-3 Picture books reading list. Now here in the NW we are seeing what books the library here has. We read through the books pictured above. Today we went to the library and got about 10 more. I love reserving the books online and just going in to pick up the books.

It is fun to read these good books. The list has introduced us to so many good books. We enjoyed Hilda the Hen Who Wouldn't Give Up, Animals Should Definitely Not Wear Clothing, Amos and Boris, Andy and the Lion and many others.

I think we might have read all but about 20 on the list.

J is slowly working his way through the either through his own reading or through books that I read aloud.

This list has been helpful in finding good books for the children to read. I have copies of this printed and included in my homeschool planning notebook.

What is your favorite book on this list?

Here is the stack that we picked up later this week. I have more on hold. We need to quick read these so we can get some more.



Beth

3 comments:

  1. I love that site and the 1000 Good Books list. Really, I love lists of any sort, so I was super excited when I found this one a few years back. I love being able to use the list as a guide when I go to the library, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at Trivium Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, also, I'm featuring you tomorrow at Trivium Tuesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful list, right up into the highschool years. Enjoy your journey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...