Monday, February 15, 2010

Ancient Chinese Book

As we continue our study of China, we decided to make a bamboo book like my friend, Jimmie showed here.  I tried cutting the notches with an exacto knife just like she has but broke the knife. I asked my dad to help and he cut notches quickly on his bandsaw. J tied his together and then got out my Chinese reading book and copied some words.

He has learned a few words and so he enjoyed writing those and adding some new ones. I think he did a good job.

Since Miss K was home this morning, I made one for her to write on. I put it in front of her and told her to write Chinese. She looked at the book and said, "yi, er, san" which is 1, 2, 3 in Chinese.

She did draw a bit on her bamboo book.

We will continue our China study this week. We are having some Chinese friends over on Wednesday so we will need to think of some questions to ask them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...