Sunday, February 21, 2010

Science and Art together

After Christmas, my mom gave J an amaryllis bulb telling him it would be a science project. It has been his project. He prepared it with some help from reading the directions and he has been responsible for watering it. I should have done a better job of taking pictures but this past week the flowers started to bloom. So now we are enjoying the beauty.

This afternoon, I know it is Sunday and not really a school day, but it was one of those moments, I got out some drawing paper and colored pencils and decided to draw the flower and by modeling it I encouraged J to draw the flower. Here is my artwork. I am not an artist but I am working to model art to him and the fact that even if you are not good you still try.

J added more details to his picture which is great.

Notice the bird in the tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...