Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Mummified Apple

As we study the body in Classical Conversations, we have begun to read Exploring Creation with Human Anatomy and Physiology. One of the first experiments in there was to mummify an apple. We had everything so I thought I would give it a try.

We peeled two apples and put each one in a mug. One had nothing just plastic wrap on top and the other one had a mixture of baking soda and salt. We put them on a shelf for a week. I was a bit concerned that the one with nothing was going to be okay. I had checked it halfway through the week and it wasn't gross looking. Thankfully, by the end of the week it was not looking so good. The fear that the experiment won't work.

The mummified apple had dried out and gotten smaller. It was a fun experiment and I am glad that it worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...