Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter Sunday

On Friday evening our celebration weekend began with attending the Messiah concert. Miss K did fall asleep for part of it. Then sh
We are in the Northwest and so that does mean a bit of cooler weather combined with an early celebration this year. It was a cool day so the sweater was added. I had bought this dress for Miss K last summer at a thrift store. When I was ironing it, I discovered that the hem was falling out. I did something that I have never done before in my life -- purchased stitch witchery. I am still in a bit of shock that I did that. Honestly, I still need to get a needle and thread and hem it.


Miss K loves to pose for her picture. Getting a good picture is a challenge but we try and sometimes we succeed.

Dresses that twirl when you spin are always lots more fun.
Sorry there are no pictures of J (he was not in a mood for photos).

As this was the first year in four years that we have not been with extended family for the holiday, I asked the kids what they wanted to do -- paint eggs and have an egg hunt. Usually painting eggs is something that we do with grandma. We waited until Aunt Becki arrived and did eggs.


I bought a kit but honestly I think we had as much fun with just food coloring and vinegar in water.
Ham dinner is one of our favorites as long as it has mashed potatoes and ham gravy. We had that on Saturday evening as Aunt Becki was living to visit her other sister after church.

Then we went to a friends house for an egg hunt and to visit. They have a yard but also part that is wooded.
The kids got enough candy to last them for a long time -- I will probably end up throwing half of it out as we just do not eat it fast enough unless it is dark chocolate or peanut butter cups.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...