Thursday, December 11, 2014

Living in Transition - Memories

I have written a various thoughts about living in transition -- homeschooling during transitions, kids in transition, living through transitions when the end is in sight, and the holidays while in transition.

Now are settled or maybe in some ways still settling in but we are no longer in transition. As I look back, I think one of the important things was making memories during the time of transition.

We have memories of friends we did things with, places we shopped at, things we ate, and many other things during that time of transition.

We talk about our memories but one of the biggest things that my children enjoy is looking through their scrapbooks. I create a family book and then a book for each of them.

Here is 4 1/2 inches of pages remembering ice cream sandwiches in Singapore, our day in San Francisco, birthdays, and other memories for the past 18 months or so.


This is my project since the middle of August to put the photos on pages for in the scrapbooks. I now need to go through that stack and sort what book they go into, put them in chronological order, and see what might be missing.

I need to order photos for August to now but just being this caught up is a good feeling. I think I will order the photos in January and that can be a project for the winter.

Do you keep scrapbooks or memory books for your family?

Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! I've been putting together a sort-of scrapbook for Penny, which I'm calling a highschool life book.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...