Tuesday, December 16, 2014

SchoolhouseTeachers.com Review

We are hitting the school mid-year slump. The days are short, cold, and rainy. School is getting long, dull, and monotonous. I need some new ideas. The kids need some new activities. SchoolhouseTeachers.com is helping bring some ideas and activities into our days. I was recently given the opportunity to review the Yearly Membership.


SchoolhouseTeachers.com Review

SchoolhouseTeachers.com is the online curriculum for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine (TOS). I admit that prior to this review opportunity I didn't know that this existed. Yes, I had heard of TOS but didn't realise all that was on the website and the resources available. There are courses for a whole year or just a few weeks. The courses are not live so you can join anytime. There are also homeschool resources and information.

We are studying Renaissance history right now and one of the first courses that I saw was titled Renaissance History. The lesson I opened to was Renaissance Christmas. It was perfect to slide into our history. We learned some terms and also talked a bit about the song, Twelve Days of Christmas giving me an excuse to pull out my favourite Twelve Days of Christmas book.

That gave me just a bit to add to our current studies which is always a bonus.

There are so many resources. My kids love colouring while I read and I discovered Figures in History. December's figure is William the Conqueror. That fits with my love for English history. There are just a few colouring and other activities that Miss K and I can enjoy together. Again just another resource to add to our learning.

I am beginning to think about high school. Yikes, didn't we just begin 2nd grade. J could begin some courses next year that are high school level. The planner in me is already thinking about what I am going to require, the records and documents needed. I spent some time reading the section on high school which was mainly about transcripts. That gave me the confidence that I can continue to homeschool though high school if that is what we decide.

J is eagerly looking forward to algebra not because anything I told him but because his father told him that was when he began to enjoy math. J told me tonight that since 4th grade he has been looking forward to algebra. I told him he can begin algebra when he passes the algebra readiness test. That was some of the motivation he needed.  Schoolhouse teacher.com has an algebra course that will be perfect to help him as he prepares to take the test. He has targeted 5 February as the day he will take the test.

I am finding so many resources on this website, things I didn't even know where there to help with homeschooling - classes, resources, dailies, and more. As I looked through the courses, I was impressed with the teachers these are qualified teachers.

You can pay for a month or save money and get a one year membership which gives you access to all these resources. There is even a way that you can try it free for 30 days. Now is the time to try it as it is on sale.

SchoolhouseTeachers.com Review

Maybe this will help you as it is helping me through the mid-year slump.


Click to read Crew Reviews


Crew Disclaimer


Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...