Friday, March 20, 2015

Shakespeare Week

This week was Shakespeare Week. A few weeks ago Sarah had posted about Shakespeare week. I took the opportunity to send away for the passports and wrote it in my calendar reminding me. I spent some time looking for ideas on Pinterst. It fit a bit late with our history as we had read about Shakespeare the other week but this was still a good opportunity to have fun with Shakespeare.

I got collected all the Shakespeare books that we have including our Passport to Shakespeare which was a nice cute book with fun illustrations.


After sitting on the shelf for years, I finally found a use for my Shakespeare book from university. I actually took a course on Shakespeare for my English minor. Don't ask me what I learned in that class. I have seen a number of Shakespeare plays all part of the culture from university.


Here is Miss K doing some copywork. She was very impressed to learn that "green-eyed monster" came from Shakespeare. She knows it from the Bernstein Bears. Notice her eraser or as she is now calling it, her rubber.


J did it! He build the Globe Theatre from paper. This was something that I had found on Pinterest. It really is small about 3 inches at the most. We worked together to cut it out and then with lots of tape we were able to put it together.


J wanted to try to do a stop motion of MacBeth. He started it but decided it was a bit more of a project then he wanted. He was using his Scottish accent at times.


Slowly our home education things are moving to more and more of the house. This is the hallway which became our Shakespeare wall this week.


Miss K enjoyed doing all the copywork and I decided it was good writing practice.


J enjoyed some colouring.


I pulled from opening lines and we tried to match them to the play.

1. When shall we three meet again?
In thunder, lightening, or in rain?

2. Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of York

3. Who's there?
Nay, answer me. Stand and unfold yourself.

4. Hence! home you idle creatures, get you home!
Is this a holiday? What know you not,

5. Now far Hippolyta, our nuptial hour
Draws on apace. Four happy days bring in another moon;
but O, methinks, how slow

It was a fun week and we did study Shakespeare just a bit.


Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I love your paper Globe. My daughter would love that-must look it up. Glad you enjoyed the Week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...