Saturday, September 21, 2013

Ahoy Mateys

So yesterday was talk like a pirate and that meant we had to dress up like a pirate and go get some treasure. We are staying with friends and dug around to find what the kids could wear to dress like a pirate.

We put the bandana on Miss k and then found the bird. We were all out of parrots and she really wanted a bird so she took that one. I decided she needed a bit more to look like a pirate so I grabbed my white t-shirt and then my scarf which I tied around her waist. As we were walking to the car, she was handed some beads.


JP was not much of a pirate. He did draw a treasure map on a McDonald's napkin on the way. He had a stick as his peg leg.

Krispy Kreme had a deal yesterday that if you went in and talked like a pirate you would get a free donut and if you dressed like a pirate you would get a free dozen.


We then took our treasure and raced off to a secret location aka a park to eat our treasure. We went with friends we are staying with and ended up with 7 dozens or 84 donuts. That is a lot of donuts.


Here are the pirates digging in for treasure.


I think she was one cute pirate. She went in saying, "arrrr".

Did you dress up for Talk like a pirate day?

My friend and I decided that we made a memory. The kids will remember the time we went to Krispy Kreme and got seven dozen donuts.


Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...