Sunday, September 29, 2013

Am I doing enough?

A friend and I were chatting the other week and this question came up. I don't remember if we were talking about diet and exercise or maybe it was homeschooling but the question came up, "Am I doing enough?"

I have pondered that since then. I thought about the times that I have thought that. Some times that creeps into my thinking by the enemy to distract me from what I should be doing causing me to think, "oh, I should be doing this instead." Some times it is sent as a discouragement, causing me to just want to give up because I can't do it all, I can't do enough.

So when the question, "Am I doing enough?" comes,  I need to pause and think about what the is causing me to do. That question could be a time to pause and consider my priorities and make sure I am focusing on what God is asking me to do at this time. My focus can change at times and so I do need to evaluate and change. This summer as we were traveling my focus could not be the same as when we are home day in and day out. Honestly, I can't do enough and really should not try.

Now when that question comes up I try to pause and ask what God wants me to be focusing on and even how much does he want me to do. If I am doing that, then I know that I am doing enough. I need to trust God knowing that he is at work and has a plan.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lead on your own understanding." Proverbs 3:5 ESV


Beth
Pin It

1 comment:

  1. Hi ~ I found you through the Titus Tuesday Link Up. This is a question I have often asked myself. It seems it's so easy to fall into the trap of putting so much pressure on ourselves to be the perfect wife, perfect mom, and perfect Christian. But that's really a crazy goal when you think about it. Talk about setting ourselves up for failure from the start! Thanks for sharing ~ good post.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...