Thursday, August 14, 2014

P is for Parents


2 people
4 children + 2 spouses
11 grandchildren

Family

My parents celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary this week. That is worth celebrating. I remember parties for both my grandparents' 50th anniversaries. My parents didn't want a party. My mom had mentioned it would be nice to have all four children together but she knew that would not happen (two live nearby and one lives in TN and then there is me). What she didn't know was my brothers and I had been talking and planning. I feel in the same time my brother from TN came to visit. I knew they would be home. It was a surprise. The family that was local stopped calling my parents a day or two before I came so they didn't spill the beans.

My mom stood there speechless when I got out of the car. She didn't know what to say. She did ask my dad if he knew anything. No, we didn't even them him.

We had a family picnic and of course cake. We took some photos. My parents still have the knife they used to cut their wedding cake. We used it for years to cut bread and so it is the "bread knife."


I am thankful for their love for each other, their love for their family and their example in so many ways. I love you, dad and mom, happy anniversary.


Beth

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely surprise for them. I love the "bread knife" story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I wondered how there was washi tape on your prayer letter envelope. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...