Tuesday, January 27, 2015

How big is your God?


Years ago I lived in Taiwan I went back and forth between Taipei and Bangkok, Thailand for work. I remember one particular flight boarding the plane along with a group of Buddhists on a trip to Bangkok. They came on the plane carrying their god. He was about 18 inches tall and carved out of wood.  The leader of the group proudly carried him down the aisle.  Then the leader placed him in the overhead compartment.  I remember sitting there thinking and comparing that idol god with the living God. That idol god was not a very big god. I need a big God not one who fits in the overhead compartment. I need a God that can handle the big problems in my life. I didn't want my god to be stuck in the overhead compartment but rather to be right there with me.

How big is your God? The God who created the universe and yet he knows the number of hairs on your head. That shows his power and his concern for each of us. I need a God who is with me in all things. Do I live like God is big enough to handle things or do I worry that my problems are too much for God?

I am thankful that I know and serve the living God who is the creator of the universe and yet cares about the small details of my life. He is with me at all times. He hears and answers when I call to him.

So tell me ways that you are thankful for a God who is big enough for our problems.


Beth
Pin It

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely message. Thank you for those encouraging words. God bless you are your family x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! I am thankful that he promises His presence always, and that I need only sit at his feet to feel it envelope me with peace. Beautiful post, Beth.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...