Friday, January 30, 2015

Week in Review 30 January 2015

We are at the end of January. It is hard to believe that it is the end of January already. I think it was just yesterday that I was remembering to write 2015 though I did write the date on one of Miss K's pages as 2013. Oops.


Our days are beginning to be a bit longer -- the sun is coming up before 8:00. I was enjoying my quiet time this morning and saw this outside the window.

We continue to do Bible, History, Geography, and Latin together. We hit a point in Latin that we needed to just pause and review which we did yesterday and then today J and I played a bit of charades with the vocabulary words. I think he is getting stuck on the conjugations and since I am learning it as well we needed to pause.

We finished the 1st semester of Mystery of History. Shakespeare is coming up in the next few weeks. We might have to pause and study him.

We did have an outing this week to the Museum of Science and Industry. I don't think I really prepped the kids for the outing -- in the sense of talking about what we would see and how it fit with what we were studying. I am sure that there will be things that we will go back and review as we continue in our studies.

We had a snow day this week though we did do school. The part of the city where we live had about 10 inches. I talked with someone today who lives in another part of the city and they only had 5 inches. We bought the last snow shovel at the hardware store.

You heard of Mary had a Little Lamb, well today it was Miss K who had a little lamb and brought her lamb to school. Actually she just tied the lamb outside the classroom.


Both children are taking piano lessons. Miss K works best when she can sing along with the songs that she is playing. I had enjoyed Miss K's songs and seeing some of the culture differences. One of the songs that she is playing is Bears

Bears, bears in their cages. Black bear, how he rages,
Hear him growl, see him scowl, he wants his tea, like you and me.

Telephone
Telephone. It's for me. Grandma's asking us to tea.
We'll have chips, we'll have cake, Well have ice cream on a plate.

Tonight we were working on one piece and had to explain what mum means.

I think that about wraps up our week.

Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...