Friday, October 25, 2013

Lentil Challenge - Lentils and Rice Taco Style



The challenge is to eat 10 pounds of lentils in 10 weeks or so. I am trying to add variety so we don't get tired of lentils before we eat our way through the 10 pounds.

This week I pulled out an old favorite recipe that I have not made for a long time -- Lentils and Rice Taco Style.  It is probably one of the easiest lentil recipes that I have. Put everything in a pan, boil, put a lid on and let it cook. I serve it like I would taco meat. I cut up tomato, cucumber, red onion, add some cheese and sour cream to the tortilla and you have dinner. Here it is with the cheese on it. If I took a photo with everything on, you wouldn't be able to see the lentils.



I probably should have doubled the recipe as we didn't have much leftovers. We often eat leftovers for lunch the next day.

Here is the post about the Lentil Challenge.
Here is some Lentil Soup recipes.


Beth
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...