Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Already, May Already

When we saw the forecast for today and the next few days we knew that we needed to plan some outdoor activities -- the sun is shining and it is supposed to be in the 70's. That doesn't happen often in the NW.

Normally we school year round. I do plan some different and hopefully fun activities for the summer but this year our summer is different so I am not planning as much for the summer. We will be housesitting in June and then spending most of July in Orientation with our organization and August is not as much planned so I don't know. All of that does mean that we are counting down to the end a bit more than other years.

We did have fun with our edible art. We also played some games together.

I love when we are reading history and I finish the lesson and the request is made to read just one more. To me that is the sign of a good history program. That happened this week as we read about Cleopatra and Mark Antony and the next lesson was on Herod the Great. We have just a few more lessons in Mystery of History.

We have just one chapter to finish in Biology. Last year we read John Hudson Tiner's Exploring the World of Chemistry and it gave us a good introduction to chemistry. I decided this year to read the Biology. I think because we have read so many of the Exploring Creation books that this was mostly review for us.

J had his art class again this week. This week they finished their watercolor. I am very impressed with what he is doing.



He has almost finished Saxon 5/4 math. I want him to review fractions so I purchased the Key to Fractions workbooks. He will work on those and possibly begin the Saxon 6/5 book.

We are a bit beyond my schedule for IEW so we will see what we can do to catch up and we may end up doing a bit of writing in June. He really struggled writing the critique. After writing stories and narrative he didn't really switch to a critique.

Miss K is slowly working through her things. Nothing special for her this week. She had ballet this week. Her performance is coming up in June.

She did draw a picture of me with a flower.


I am thinking about what to do for the fall. Part of the challenge is not knowing where we will be. I have purchased all the books but don't know if we should sign up for co-op.

This weekend we are planning to go to a bird watching event and a play. I wonder what other fun things we will discover.

Beth
Linking up with



Pin It


2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely watercolor by your son! ...Sounds like you have a busy summer lined up. We are ready for our summer break here--especially me:) It seems like life just accelerates with the busyness around this time of year making it so much harder to focus on school (and for the kids, their treehouse is calling:)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That watercolor is way over the top amazing! I think you have an artist. Now that is a duh comment, right? Very nice. Thanks for sharing on HammockTracks. -Savannah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...